A great cocktail can be the ticket to spruce up any meal gathering. We love creating a signature drink to serve along with the food for our guests. Recently we’ve been introduced to a variety of fun ingredients that can be used to jazz up our favorite drinks. Fresh herbs and vegetables, homemade simple syrups, ginger, jalapeno slices, even bacon can be great additions to any home bar—yes, we’ve seen bacon. Sometimes it’s also about the tools you have to make it happen. Like an awesome cocktail shaker set as part of your home bar. It definitely helps you mix things up!
This past April, we met a few friends for happy hour during a trip to New York (we can’t say too much now but stay posted for more information to follow in the coming weeks!). One of the cocktails featured melon liqueur, fresh cucumber and pineapple. This was something to rave about for sure! It was also time to try it back on home turf. For this version, there was a bit of pineapple sage to enhance things. Oh, and raspberry vodka, which was already chilling in the freezer.
We mentioned a cocktail set because it’s time for a giveaway, and if you win, we hope you grab something for your home bar. Imagine your closest friends gathered round with martini glasses pointed towards you as you shake shake shake up a little something fierce for their tastes! We can just hear the ice cubes clinking now. The good folks over at CSN Stores want to give one lucky person a $60 gift certificate to use however they wish on any of their sites. We’ll make this a super easy giveaway. There are two ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment about your favorite cocktail or mocktail. Don’t forget to include your email address!
2. For an extra entry, tweet about this giveaway including our handle (@theduodishes) and leave another comment here. Again, don’t forget to leave an email address with your comment.
This contest will run until June 3rd at 12 am PST. We’ll announce the winner shortly thereafter! Until then, drinks on us! Once you stock up your home bar, of course drinks will be on you.
Pineapple Sage Cocktail – Serves 2
1 ounce raspberry vodka
2 ounces Midori
4 ounces pineapple juice
4 fresh cucumber slices, plus more for garnish
1 spring of fresh sage, plus more for garnish (Pineapple sage is the star here.)
1. Mash cucumber slices and sage leafs together at the bottom of a cocktail shaker until well blended. Add a handful of ice.
2. Add all the liquids, cover and shake several times.
3. Serve in a martini glass with garnish of cucumber and sage.
Click HERE for the printable recipe.